This ingenious device protects both freestanding or cabinet-mounted fire extinguishers and other equipment.
Here is an inexpensive yet highly effective way to protect fire extinguishers and a wide range of other fire fighting equipment from theft. The device is compact, highly effective, and extremely versatile. It does not interfere with fire fighting in any way. Also, the simplicity of design contributes to its high degree of reliability.
How it works.
For cabinets housing a fire extinguisher, fire hoses, sprinkler shutoff valves, guns, medicine, etc. Mini Theft Stopper is mounted next to the door or in the cabinet and its reed switch unit is mounted on the door jam. The matching magnet is mounted on the door near it and when the door is opened, the device sounds a 105 dB warning horn.
For a freestanding fire extinguisher or other freestanding equipment, Mini Theft Stopper comes with a special clip that can be used in several ways. An extinguisher's pull pin may be routed through the holes in both prongs of the clip. The clip is then held in place by the extinguisher's seal and when the seal is broken to use the extinguisher, the alarm sounds. The steel clip can also be placed under any type of equipment. When lifted, the clip opens and the alarm sounds immediately.
- Highly visible "stop sign" design discourages wrongful use of extinguisher
- Sounds a powerful 105 dB warning horn when activated, drawing attention in a hurry
- Tough, ABS construction
- Two methods of operation--reed switch activation for cabinets and display cases and unique clip activation for fire extinguisher pins and other freestanding equipment
- Deactivation pin provided for service by authorized personnel
- Does not interfere with use of protected fire fighting equipment
- 9 VDC alkaline battery is included
- Compact design 3.37 in. (83mm) in diameter and 1 in. (25mm) deep
- Mounts easily next to extinguisher or in cabinet
- Three minute automatic reset upon activation
- Extremely cost-effective and easy to install
- Recommended operations range 32°F to 120°F (0°C to 49°C)
- One year guarantee against breakage of ABS housing and on the electronic components