This smoke alarm has a modern design and benefits from the hush feature that allows nuisance alarms (such as those caused by cooking or steam) to be temporarily silenced. It also has a built-in emergency escape light that is designed to help illuminate your escape routes during a fire in the home.
At least one smoke alarm should be installed on each level of the home and in areas close to bedrooms. A working smoke alarm provides the earliest possible warning of smoke or fire in the home and can double a person’s chance of surviving a house fire. There are many different types of smoke alarms with various features for enhanced usability.
Kidde recommends that for maximum protection both ionisation and photoelectric smoke alarms are installed in the home.* Ionisation sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric alarms may detect visible fire particles (associated with slow smouldering fires) sooner than ionisation alarms.
- Hush feature allows nuisance alarms to be temporarily silenced (e.g those caused by cooking or steam)
- Emergency escape light - designed to guide you to safety in the event of smoke and fire in the home
- Ionisation sensing technology
- Battery operated (9V battery supplied as standard)
- Test/Reset Button Tests alarm circuit operation